Tuesday, September 23, 2014

ConfigMgr Cumulative Updates

Every now and then Microsoft releases Cumulative Updates. Twitter explodes on the new release, like everyone is going to deploy the update without a doubt.

However: when I read the Microsoft support article I come across the following lines:

A supported update is available from Microsoft Support. However, this update is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply this update only to systems that are experiencing the problems described in this article. This update might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by these problems, we recommend that you wait for the next service pack that contains this update.

So, I found that non of these apply to my customer(s). Should I apply the update anyway, or wait for the Service Pack to come?

The only things I see here are the additional testing and administrative burden that are involved applying the CU.

So what is your advice or way to go? Please leave your comments, just a line will do, I'm curious.

Thx!

No comments:

Post a Comment